OMAW3D

Mar 27, 2018
Hi all,

so googling around and whatnot i find people using PSX>USB adaptors that were intended for PC in order to connect their PS2 controllers to Android phones - this requires a USB OTG cable to convert full USB down to micro.

so i am trying to do similar with my t8-s plus v2 and coming up short, the converters just don't power on / work.
I expected full USB ports would just do the business but perhaps i missed something? so i went looking at the spec of current devices and note that OTG is a feature of USB, not a given and that it is listed as 'shared'.

can anyone explain what that means for me please? - am i going to be able to connect a PSX > USB converter to my device at all?

BTW, i bought a 'mayflash' device for connecting Sega mega drive controllers and that works fine but perhaps that doesn't have the same power requirements.

Eventually i would like an android box with PSX [or PS2], genesis and SNES controllers attached.

thank you.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
They are designed for PC so might require Windows drivers for them to work. I have not tried any gamepad converters as there are quite a few different ones available.

OMAW3D

Mar 27, 2018
Thanks for the input. This video shows a guy connecting a PS2 > USB converter to his android phone device via OTG. It doesn't require any drivers or messing about, it just seems to work.
Now unfortunately its not branded, but i have one that looks just like it and another in a cable style and they don't work - i fully appreciate that my android box maybe completely blameless here but what i am wondering is if there is something in the USB spec preventing me from progressing?

for example, the droidbox spec lists such as "USB Ports: 3(1x OTG)" - are you able to clarify what this means please?
- i note the OTG is a full size port - so how does this operate differently from a regular USB port, is it providing more power or something?
-my model the t8-s plus doesnt have an OTG port so i am wondering if that is what i am missing. The example vide uses an OTG cable and OTG featured phone.

thank you

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Try the USB port nearest to the reset hole. If you are looking directly at the ports, it will be the third one, furthest to the right.

OMAW3D

Mar 27, 2018
No joy i'm afraid. I'm surprised there aren't more people trying to set this up.