richard burd

Jan 27, 2015
Recently received replacement Q7. Installed the correct way etc etc. Have picture but no sound on everything including xbmc, youtube and basically everything.

Ideas?

Ps, my other box works ok and hdmi leads all fine

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I don't know which happened first, but some versions of the X7 (our name for that type of model) have been named Q7, you'll also find AC8350, EKB311 (and quite a few similar variations), B351_BT etc etc. We also have a model (that is like an X7, but with a webcam built in) that we call a Q7. Sorry for the confusion!
Regarding the lack of sound, just to double check, using the lead that your other (sound working) box normally has connected, plugged into the same TV, this device has no sound?

If this is the case, please send us another e-mail, and include in the message a request to refer your case to Chris (me).

richard burd

Jan 27, 2015
All sorted now. Bought new hdmi to mini hdmi and working a treat. These cables are annoying. I can now give this box back to my mate and get some use from my T8

Reactions: ChrisM

richard burd

Jan 27, 2015
It was from you, but do not worry. Paid for new cable. Was actually cheaper to buy HDMI cable with mini hdmi adapter rather than a HDMI to Mini HDMI cable. If there are anyone experiencing the same issue and have a spare normal HDMI cable, go to Maplin and buy an adapter, it is about £2.

Reactions: ChrisM