Shieldz

Sep 22, 2014
No Content streaming / playing within XBMC

Error messages :

No Stream Available & One or more item failed to play. check the log file

So far I have tried, clearing cache, clearing data, downloading and installing the latest wizard, also downloaded & installed the unblock pack.

Modem / router is currently ok.

I have X7 with version 13.3.3 of XBMC

Any ideas on what else I can try

Stanley2012

Nov 16, 2014
Hi, I usually find if I turn off the internet hub for five minutes, after that my box then works perfect.

Shieldz

Sep 22, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion Stanley, but already checked modem, even tried resetting it a few days ago :(

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Shieldz - Can you try the following in XBMC please?
Open XBMC>Media Portal>Genesis>TV Shows>Search>type in Arrow and then DONE>click on the 1st result>Series 3>Episode 3x08>19 icefilms movreel sd
Let us know if that specific stream from that host works OK

Shieldz

Sep 22, 2014
Followed your instructions, typed program name into Search Box. > No results came back at all.

Most of the menu items from the list from within Genesis also result in NO results or ANY further menu options once clicked / selected.

In some of the programs like ice films for example the menu items do show results but will not play any of them when I try to select them.

Interestingly from outside of XBMC for example the youtube app I can successfully stream content for long periods of time.

Any input would be greatly received as only had this box back a couple weeks after returning to droid box to repair for a similar problem.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Did it originally play them OK (the replaced model), and then stopped working? This is getting very strange.
Can you try opening the Play Store and downloading SPMC please? Once installed, head to System>Add-ons>Get add-ons>XBMC.org add-ons>Video add-ons> then install a few add-ons you recognize. See if the problem persists in SPMC, please?
If it works properly in SPMC, we'll sort out the DroidBOX Wizard for you in SPMC and uninstall the misbehaving XBMC.

Shieldz

Sep 22, 2014
I am a BT customer and did try the suggestions made below and so far its totally sorted it out:

We had a couple of people in our live chat system today who had problems. They were both with BT, and after using their DroidBOX's browser app to login to BT's modem/router ( http://192.168.1.254 in their cases, and the user/pwd was on the bottom of the modem) the Wizard (and in one case all the other add-ons that didn't work) started working again. So if your modem/router came from your ISP, try logging onto it from your DroidBOX (the Browser or Chrome app is fine), logging in and then trying again.
@@gez18 thanks for letting us know, appreciated

Reactions: ChrisM

cooldave118

Dec 2, 2014
I have been having the same problem. I have followed @SilentlyScreaming instructions but when i open spmc it freezes soon after i click a few buttons.

Update.

I followed the instructions but still not working. Still same problem as @Shieldz

Last edited:

cooldave118

Dec 2, 2014
Its not freezing anymore. I then followed your instruction. Videos wont play, exactly as described in the 5th post in this thread. I cleared the data and did the update 2 days ago.

cooldave118

Dec 2, 2014
@SilentlyScreaming that other the opposite for me. I can download the pack but not the unbblock pack.

pleasse help.... I'm tearing my hair out lol

i did do the update process again but still not working