Gaj

Dec 30, 2019
I have searched the forums and could not find the appropriate category to post this in, hence posting in General.

I got an MXQ Pro 4K device, and upon hooking it up, i could see that a few applications could not be installed. Said it needed the latest version of Android. Going into settings, it shows me 7.1, but i am unable to install basic apps - they say i need 4.1 or higher.

That brings me to my next question, i have identified the chip as Rockwell (maybe i am wrong - i have been googling all day getting more confused). Could anyone tell me if there is a latest firmware or an Android update available for this device.

I have attached the images of the motherboard and also a screenshot of the 'About device' on screen. Please help! Appreciate in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 177
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 176
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 176
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 173

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Was this device purchased from DroidBOX/DroiX, if so could you email [email protected] with your order number and we can check which device you have. It does look like you have Android 7 so I am not sure why it is saying that Android 4 unless it is an old device and someone has edited it to show as Android 7 when it is Android 4.0 for example.