AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
Hi All,

I have just ordered the DROIDBOX T8-S PLUS OPENELEC and wondered whether it is possible to import addons from Kodi running on windows?

Any tips or help much appreciated.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Ive just set up my T8 Mini and only use openelec as I love the linux platform. TBH it took me approximately 20 mins to install the addons I used to have on my old box. Very quick and simple.
Dave

AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
Cheers Dave, Did you just install from scratch or import somehow?

p.s whats the main difference between Kodi and Kodi openelec?
Alan

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I installed direct from repo addresses in my system. I uses SEO Michael website for the links.
Ive always used Linux - openelec and never bothered with Android. People will differ from my choice but its what I like and I feel its as fast and responsive as I want it to be. I cant comment on Android - set my box up and launched Openelec right away and stayed in it.
TBH I have just upgraded from a box running believe it or not Gotham 13.2 which was years old but still ran smooth and nice - the only problem was that I install Exodus and Specto and some other new addons.
Mind you this has a lot more settings that I am still learning about - droidbox is a nice choice mate.

AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
Many Thanks! , You have put my mind at ease ! If I have any issues when I receive it and setting up I'll post on here.

Cheers

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hello @AlanC
If you have a Backup of Kodi Addons then you can try to restore/import that on Kodi on T8-S PLUS and see if that works for you. Also if you have Kodi Addon zip files on your Windows System then you can transfer them via SD Card or USB Stick to your T8-S PLUS and can install them on Kodi.
I would personally suggest to install any build on Kodi that will automatically install all the Addons on Kodi.