ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you have a recent model with the latest launcher (larger shortcut area) and the weather forecast widget either can't locate you, or forgets after a reboot, check https://goo.gl/IgEFUQ

With a couple of steps you should find the weather widget knows where you are and so can let you know what is happening outside your window!

Before:

After:

Reactions: sblabs

Mike nicholson

May 7, 2017
Oh come on, that link is blind. This problem has been on and off for two years, just tell us how to switch the fucking thing off. That whirly circle is doing my head in.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you have an older machine it is unlikely to be fixed.
Do what I did and switch to a different launcher like Nova from Google Play store.

Mikeharbour

Dec 29, 2018
I don't see the difficulty in building a patch and removing a widget, it's good customer service so when I want to replace my box I choose droidbox instead of "anything but droidbox".

I tried NOVA, didn't like it, and it didnt seem to work (would not save preferences in the opening menu - at least not any way I could see it.

And what abour the link that is blind........

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The home screen is part of the firmware supplied by 3rd parties.
As I say, firmware updates are rare for these older machines.
On newer machines the widget has just stopped working and droidbox are investigating (there was a thread last week about this).
Here's a thread about the original problem

https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/whether-weather-will-work/

I don't know where the link to the supposed fix has gone either. I think it involved going into android settings and turning location settings on. Can't remember whether it was a permanent solution though especially given the issue with the yahoo server.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Oh come on, that link is blind. This problem has been on and off for two years, just tell us how to switch the fucking thing off. That whirly circle is doing my head in.

Just in case you hadn't noticed, that post is two years old. I appreciate they're both in early January, but it was written a while ago. It may have been renamed or removed since this thread was started.