Matt Hodges

Sep 30, 2017
Hi all

Im new to this forum.

I have a M8S box with CPU Amlogic s802. It is running version 4.4. Can I upgrade this to version 5? Any links would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The answer is no.
You probably know that means you cannot load kodi 17 krypton.
However, a number of kodi 16 versions have been tweaked to provide near 17 functionality for owners of older boxes who cannot migrate to android 5.
CEMC from google play, FTMC from freaktab and Mygica from Entertainment Box are examples.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Well that is an option. But i have an older droidbox t8 which runs cemc (and all the android apps i use) quite successfully.

Reactions: Matt Hodges

Matt Hodges

Sep 30, 2017
Nigelar. Thanks for your help.

Just downloaded cemc will see how I get on.

What build do you run it on? I downloaded no limits but found it was very slow

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi. I don't run a build just the 10 or so addons (sports and movies) i use regularly.
You might want to try Seans jarvis build available via the ares wizard (sean is on this forum). Make sure you select a jarvis build not a krypton one.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Try and reboot your box to see if this helps. If not try again, remember to clear data 1st then run the wizard again.
After it's run you should get a message to say that kodi needs to reboot, this is so your build installs correctly.
Way back you use to have to unplug your box for it to install, that's why it's worth a reboot 1st.

Good luck