RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I bought this box in January '17 and tried using the DBMC. It is working properly.

When I tried to boot in to LibreELEC Kodi, it has booted properly. I have connected to the wi-fi in my home and gone through the initial basic settings.

Later on I tried to install Amber skin but the screen has frozen. Rebooted in to LibreELEC and tried again with the same results.

Did a factory reset and again booted in to LibreELEC. Connected to wi-fi and changed the region to my present location and the clock has changed to correct time and date for my region.

Went into Add-ons menu under System and then the Available updates menu. Found few items like IMDB Scraper Library etc. (6 items). Tried Update all and the items started updating but each item failed after some time. Once again went into Skin installation and tried to install Amber skin. This also failed to install.

It looks to me that the network is not properly configured and LibreELEC is not downloading anything from internet.

I need a solution to fix this network problem. In android mode there are no network problems and everything is working perfectly.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
I found this with LibraELEC. I get signal drop out. Even though I'm wired connection. Android is fine.

I've told DroidBOX Support about this and they are looking into it.

Is your T8-S Plus a ver 2? I think it could be a generic LibraELEC issue.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I found this with LibraELEC. I get signal drop out. Even though I'm wired connection. Android is fine.

I've told DroidBOX Support about this and they are looking into it.

Is your T8-S Plus a ver 2? I think it could be a generic LibraELEC issue.

No, mine is V1.

When I bought T8-S on Amazon US, only V1 is available. Even now V2 is not available on Amazon US. I am upset about not getting V2 also being the latest.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
It sounds like a LibraELEC issue then, rather than a model issue, as this is what I get.

We'll have to wait for a firmware update from DroidBOX when one is available I think.

For the time being, I suggest that you use android side until a fix is sorted.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@RRaoD If the issue has persisted, can you compare the IP address, netmask and gateway used for Android and LibreELEC please. Let us know if you need a hand with it. Might be worth switching to a static IP address in LibreELEC if DHCP isn't being picked up correctly.

RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
( I am a windows man and have some TCP/IP networking skills. I managed Windows LANs in my profession since 1997 onwards).

I have compared the IP addresses of both Android and LibreELEC Kodi and they are same as below.
IP address: 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (my router's IP address)
DNS server: 192.168.1.1

I have disabled DHCP and given the above network values in manual mode. I tried the Google's DNS addresses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 also and the time servers as
0.pool.ntp.org
1.pool.ntp.org
2.pool.ntp.org
to connect automatically to the nearest time servers.

Still nothing happens.
I am not able to download any add-on. Even the Amber skin (which I use most) is not downloading.

Reverted back to DHCP, still the same thing. I am not able to use LibreELEC Kodi. It freezes sometimes.

I bought T8-S v1 exclusively for Kodi to connect to my two external HDDs containing media files.
Please help me in putting this box to use.