sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
yeah i think its a waste of time to do the Thumbnails every time imo once a month or 2 for a full clear out will do. other wise my boxes are running fine.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Just going on what I have read on the above post - I thought I would give it a go. I have not experienced anything different at all.
I think your on the right track - Thumbnails probably once every couple of months. Im not sure if clearing cache/packages is gonna make any difference going on the original post so Ill probably do this on a monthly and leave thumbnails so they load quicker.

Last edited:

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
ok i cleared cacche and packages but didnt clean thumbnails for a month
i found Specto was strugling finding sources and i used ares wizard to clear thumbnails and it worked str8 away

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
just a simple observation with specto issues. had a problem cleared thumbnails
everything fine!@tekto glad you found that interesting

tekto

Mar 11, 2017
Tatooine
www.ares-project-blog.com
ok i cleared cacche and packages but didnt clean thumbnails for a month
i found Specto was strugling finding sources and i used ares wizard to clear thumbnails and it worked str8 away

You see - i dont see how scraper code is affected by thumbnails - I havent looked at Specto code - but did when it was genesis and theres no correlation - its looking for files on remote sites, not on your local drive?!

There has to be something else going on - thumbs are unconnected to scrapers or their performance. That much is in the code itself.