Karen Cross

Oct 13, 2014
Hi
Just moved back to UK and now nothing wants to work on my droidbox...Everything fine in Bulgaria but now nothing...Is it the ISP blocking everything if so is there a way round it please lol
VPN doesn't work as tried that on laptop
Help...as I really miss it

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Who is your isp?
What is not working?
Kodi?
Android apps like any browser or youtube?

Karen Cross

Oct 13, 2014
at present with BT apps are working but everything within Kodi on Elysium, exodus and all film and tv won't play ...says no stream...nothing on kodi updating..have we just been spoilt being out of UK :))

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
at present with BT apps are working but everything within Kodi on Elysium, exodus and all film and tv won't play ...says no stream...nothing on kodi updating..have we just been spoilt being out of UK :))
Hi

You can go through smart initial setup and turn off BT parental control either on your own or by calling the BT support and making a request for them to do this to your account(dashboard).

We have a video guide on how to perform the procedure which you can take a look down below.

Regards

pac0812

Oct 1, 2015
Thank you for your reply Nigelar I will try that. Is it also worth putting a vpn on I subscribe to HMA I can put this on the router but am worried it will slow my whole network any advise would be greatly appreciated thanks again

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Vpn's are a personal choice.
Useful for live sport streaming where you can mask your country of origin and circumvent blocking.
Isp Blocking does not affect movie and tv show viewing to the same extent.
So it comes down to how much you value your privacy. A vpn can affect performance. If you are starting with a very high mbps then the effect will technically measureable but in practice you will not notice much difference.

Karen Cross

Oct 13, 2014
Have followed the video and am not getting the BT page up so tried with the IP given manually but nothing
Had a look and says the IP is DHCP ???
Can't seem to gain access to router...advice please

pac0812

Oct 1, 2015
I'm having the same problem with talk talk home safe off wondering if I am on latest version of Kodi do you know how to update thanks in advance

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Latest kodi is 17.4.
Latest dbmc is 16.7.

It is unlikely to be the kodi version. However if you have out of date or defunct addons then that could be an issue.
As a test, why not see if you can download the ares wizard then install one of seans builds appropriate to the kodi version you are running. Clear data on your current kodi first.

pac0812

Oct 1, 2015
Latest kodi is 17.4.
Latest dbmc is 16.7.

It is unlikely to be the kodi version. However if you have out of date or defunct addons then that could be an issue.
As a test, why not see if you can download the ares wizard then install one of seans builds appropriate to the kodi version you are running. Clear data on your current kodi first.
Films seem to play but keep buffering and it's not internet using covenant?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you have buffering the most likely cause is contention on host servers.
Second most likely cause is using a poor wifi connection as opposed to hard wired ethernet. What sort of numbers does a speedtest show?

Last, the version of kodi you can download, if you want to update, is dependent on the version of android you are running. Kodi 17 requires android 5 or higher.
What droidbox do you have? What android version?

pac0812

Oct 1, 2015
Doing a speed test on my mobile not ideal but saves me loading computer I get a speed of 26 Mbps but I am hard wired. I have a t8-s did a hard reset and don't know version of android I am running.

Sorry about this

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Doing a speed test on my mobile not ideal but saves me loading computer I get a speed of 26 Mbps but I am hard wired. I have a t8-s did a hard reset and don't know version of android I am running.

Sorry about this
If you have the T8-s you are on kitkat 4.4.2 android firmware and it cannot be updated to lollipop 5. You will have to use a fork of kodi and probably the best around that gives the full functionality of kodi 17 on kitkat f/w is from entertainment box based on mygica 17. D/l it here:- https://goo.gl/CtRBjZ You will now be able to install krypton builds rather than jarvis 16x. Ps. Doing speedtests on mobiles is pointless, you need to install the app from the playstore onto you T8-s to accurate readings. Good luck