ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You may have noticed recently that the IceFilms add-on in XBMC has stopped working, and returns a script error when you try to open it.
Unless your ISP is blocking the domains used, there is a fix available.

A little background, on my Windows installation of XBMC, when starting the IceFilms add-on, I'm asked if I want to download a VERY old metadata container. If you click yes, it fails and the add-on won't load. If you click NO, icefilms works.

So... ... when an add-on doesn't work, and uninstalling it then reinstalling it doesn't work... the next thing to check (or possibly even before reinstalling an add-on!) are the OPTIONS for the add-on.

Highlight the IceFilms entry in the list of add-ons, and instead of clicking on it, either press the MENU button on your remote control, or if that doesn't help, press the C key if you have a QWERTY keyboard on your remote control, or a USB keyboard.

This will bring up:

• Add-on information
  • Add to favorties
  • Add-on settings

Select Add-on settings. In this case, we can guess it is metadata related... so go to the Meta Data tab, and click on Enable MetaData so the radio button is no longer blue. This turns off meta data (the options immediately below that option should now be greyed out). Click the OK button and now click as normal on the IceFilms add-on. It will start. Movies and TV shows appear to now work fine.

Tested and works on both Frodo (v12) and Gotham (v13) XBMC releases.

Christospcy

Nov 18, 2014
Hello,

It seems that is a general problem with icefilms. I ran the unblock addon in droidbox wizard with no success.
My icefilms version is the latest 1.6.0
Of course I followed above instructions and my metadata is off.
Is any recommendation??

Eugene

Jul 16, 2014
Hi there, we are working on the new update for XBMC. meanwhile you can try following solution -

Reactions: bluecow73

Christospcy

Nov 18, 2014
My system is 13.1 Gotham and as I wrote icefilms is 1.6.0. I did everything but I can see only the menu not contents.
Thanks for your advice. Let's wait for another update

Christospcy

Nov 18, 2014
Finally icefilms is restored. As you know is very essential addon as is one of major provider of others i.e genesis
Merry Christmas to all:)

Reactions: ChrisM