sweetsadie

Jan 27, 2015

Hi all

Just purchased an MXq box recently and I have a question regarding surround sound. I have a Yamaha AV receiver that I use to broadcast my cable box signal to surround sound in my living room. HDMI cables hooked up to allow that. However, I am at a loss as to how to connect the android box to allow for surround sound capability through the receiver. Forgive my ignorance but I would assume you can broadcast Android devices through the receiver, no problem, or can you>?

Any feedback greatly appreciated to maximize the content in terms of listening enjoyment

Dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you connect your DroidBOX via an HDMI cable to your AV receiver, you should then be able to have the video presented on your TV, and the audio come from your speakers. You may need to switch to passthru mode for some surround sound modes to work, let us know how it goes.

BennyG

Mar 28, 2016
I am having a similar issue to the one above. I have my HMDI cable plugged into my TV, and my tv connected to my AV receiver with an optical cable. I am not getting any sound to the android box...and it screws all the other imputs up as well (nothing gets audio). I don't think there is an extra HDMI cable on the receiver...so what else can I do. Audio did work before, i'm not sure if I switched something in settings or if an update screwed something up. Very frustrating.