Bernard Pearce

Nov 19, 2014
Hi All,
Don't know how, but the icons at the bottom of the home screen on my X7 have vanished. Main button for me is the power button. My handset turns the unit off but I think into standby. Any advice most welcome
Bernard

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Try going to system, Appearence then on your right normally second down setting. Then on your left near the bottom short cuts, here you can check them and change then too. Hope this helps.

Bernard Pearce

Nov 19, 2014
Hi Dave, fired up my X7 front page has news feeds to the right, some prog icons to the left and icons near the bottom above where the missing ones should be. This batch of "bottom" icons are settings, speedup etc. Clicked on "settings" but under System at the very bottom left hand side there is no "Appearance". Tried every link I could see but unable to find what you described.
Bernard

Bernard Pearce

Nov 19, 2014
Hi David,
Clicking on "system" doesn't do anything. Under "system" there is date/time, accessibility, printing and finally about device. When I click "about device" the only referrance to the unit is Android version 4.4.2 and model nexus 10.
I think I will have to email the company. I clicked every link available but no ref.to Kodi only XBMC although the Kodi logo shows at start up.
Thanks for your efforts
Bernard

Bernard Pearce

Nov 19, 2014
Hi Dave,
Last night the curser "Arrow" moved to the bottom of the screen whilst I was watching something. When I came to stop the programme I picked up my air mouse and the "Arrow" was at the very bottom of the screen. As I moved it up to stop the video stream the missing icons followed it! They remained in place so I am now back to normal. No idea how or why but something to remember.
Thanks again
Bernard

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Aha. You're referring to the android short cuts like home, recent apps, shutdown aren't you? You can "drag" these icons up onto the screen and remove them by dragging with the air mouse. If you see an icon in the top left of the screen you can also drag that down to see any notifications e.g. Apps awaiting your permission to install, just installed apps and confirmation of downloads. Just click on the "stacked tables" to acknowledge then swipe up to remove.