DanS

Jan 16, 2017
I am a complete newb and have a t8v2 box that I got from a friend and it never worked right since he gave it to me. Other then getting connected to Wi-Fi I can't watch anything nor can I update anything. It's using 4.4.2 but I'm completely lost. Is there any hope or should I just buy something else and shoot holes thru this? I did have another box that worked well for awhile on 2.4 but buffered too much so this was the supposed upgrade. Thanx for any help

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I am a complete newb and have a t8v2 box that I got from a friend and it never worked right since he gave it to me. Other then getting connected to Wi-Fi I can't watch anything nor can I update anything. It's using 4.4.2 but I'm completely lost. Is there any hope or should I just buy something else and shoot holes thru this? I did have another box that worked well for awhile on 2.4 but buffered too much so this was the supposed upgrade. Thanx for any help
Hi there, your box is on the most recent firmware as the T8 range has no Lollipop updates available to this day, are you running Kodi 16.1? If not go into android settings/apps/ Kodi/ uninstall then download Kodi 16.1 from google play store if you already have 16.1 clear data from same path I just gave. Once you have a fresh install of Kodi go to file manager submenu underneath system, then add source/ type this exactly http://wiz.wookiespmc.com/ click done/ ok/ enter a name for this media source/ type in wookie/ enter done/ click ok/back out to main screen/ now click system/ add-ons/ install from zip file/ scroll down click wookie/ok wait until goes red and says wookie enabled/ click back out and goto programs/ click wookie/ open community builds at the bottom middle/ highlight the build list on left and scroll down to Seans Build not the 15.2 build but further down/ install it, once you go back in let it build menu shortcuts at top until two widgets appear on the right, this is my build and everything works as it should in there. Would be better if you had an ethernet lead connected into your box but it should stream fine enough. Hope you follow this and good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
No probs just clear data first/ android settings/apps/ kodi/ clear data/ sorted:)

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Check your d/l speed on box with the speedtest.net app from playstore, needs to be a minimum of 10 mbps.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Sounds like optimum are blocking you from accessing kodi, are you in America?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
You said earlier that you had another another box that worked well with kodi I presume, if with the same isp that should rule that out, have you tried a factory reset of the box?

DanS

Jan 16, 2017
No I haven't done a reset. On my other box I used to click on xmbc and then I'd choose streams from there. Not sure if that's the same as kodi? Always worked well but buffered like crazy

Sent from my LG-H900 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yes xbmc changed its name to kodi, what d/l speeds are you getting with an ethernet connected? Is it a Zoomtak T8 v2 box?