Simon79

Dec 26, 2014
Hi for some reason when using genesis to watch any TV programs itbuffers for at least 30 minutes sometimes nearly an hour before I can watch it. This doesn't happen when watching HD movies though which play with no buffering at all. Any ideas? I've got a droidbox X7 ultimate running Gotham 13.1 and broadband speeds not an issue any help would be much appreciated.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've had that problems with a few sources before. One of the things you need to try and check is which hosting companies are reliable, which are fast (not always the same company!) and which are nearly always slow.
If you're not sure what I mean, when you click on the film or specific episode of a TV series that you want to watch, you'll sometimes be presented with a list of options to click on. Something like 01 Realdebrid | FileFactory | 1.52Gb | 1080p 45:00

FileFactory is the important part of that line to remember. This is the hosting company that stores the video on their server (in this case). If you try it, and discover that (at this time of day at least) it streams smoothly and has no bandwidth too low issues, try using a FileFactory entry the next time you watch something else. You may need to scroll down the next list you see in XBMC, or even that the hosting company hasn't been used at all to store a video, but after surviving on a 6.3Mbit connection in Central Asia for a year, I'm certain it is worth remembering which hosts are best for your own internet connection.

Jo-Anne Humphrey

Jan 15, 2015
Genesis is showing many problems. TV series that were previously showing have stopped. By that I mean, that when you click on the icon of show; at first it appears to be working but doesn't go anywhere. Most of the series that are current and the most popular are doing this. For example, If you click on Vampire Diaries and The Originals it does this time out without actually working. Help. Jo-Anne

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
I've just checked Genesis out on my Q7 and have checked one of the series that you mentioned. It seems to be running fine here (on BT broadband). Checked a few more different series and they all seem fine too. Might be worth trying the following; Within XBMC go to Programs/ Program add -ons/ Maintenance Tool/ General Maintenance/ Clear Cache.
Worth a shot I think.

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Let us know if the suggestion doesn't help, the series my wife likes to watch seem to have been working in Genesis. Has anything changed with your set up at home? Perhaps changed your ISP?

Scottnufc

Jan 3, 2015
I also have the same issue as Joanne with genesis! When searching for a tv show it says working.... Then nothing. It was working just last night! Anybody got any ideas?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
No, you're not alone. Perhaps an update is needed, or one of the servers it may use is down. I've now got the same issues. For now, I'm using GoTV (GoTV and GoMovies were combined into Genesis a while back), as it is still working for the TV series Arrow.

RTCarr

Jan 22, 2015
I'm still at a loss? Apologise treat me as a noob!

I keep getting to the tv programme or movie picture in genisis and if I do get past where you have to select a stream it won't load or constant buffering. Starts off buffering to 5 to 6 them increasing up to 100% throughout.

I have tried clearing genisis cache and through the settings from the home button? I'm lost? :/

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
When you get the list of add-ons, instead of clicking on Genesis, try clicking Go TV instead please. Also, the exact symptoms you mention (not loading and constant buffering) tend to be due to dead links (the hosting company removed the file from their server) and slow servers.
It isn't a perfect system, but if you find dead links for one episode of a TV series, I tend to assume the other episodes will also have been removed, so instead of trying that same hosting company's source for the next episode I watch, I skip down the list to the next company.
Similarly with slow servers (so episodes buffer a lot), I try to remember which ones were slow with other episodes, and skip them when viewing the next in the series. This sometimes means you're going down to the #8 or #9 in the list of sources, but it does definitely help. Before Christmas I had a different ISP, and some servers that were previously great are now slow, and vice versa. This could be due to the hops different ISP's network hardware decide make sense.

RTCarr

Jan 22, 2015
This is all good learning info for me thanks everyone.

The dead link thing when opening a specific tv series or movie I get that, finaly something I do lol.

So is there a way to highlight, save, or a programme, add on? that can automatically search for active good links from companies or on the other side of a scale a file you can put dead links into that would notify if they became active again?
Or is this a thing you have just find yourself? Otherwise isn't it easier to find one link on the web and just download a show to watch when you want?
If a tv series goes down in genisis for an example I then have to use another app, search for a link that works to carry on viewing? A way to reduce this?

If that's way off or sounds stupid just let me know as again I'm just trying to get my head around this....

beastie831

Jan 26, 2015
i just got a droid player seemsd to work fine but the wife wanted to watch the wwe royal rumble on the network it works fine on miracast from her kindle but when loading to watch it it dont load just stops any suggestions on a fix pls?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@beastie831 - DroidPlayer or DroidBOX? We seem to have had some confusion between ourselves, DroidPlayer and DroidSticks recently! Whether us or DroidPlayer, knowing which add-on and specific stream will help us/them.

@RTCarr - If you want quicker access to an add-on, search result for a TV series, or a specific episode, then instead of clicking the OK button on something, use the MENU button on your remote (if your remote has a QWERTY keyboard you can also use the C button). A menu will come up, select the option that mentions adding to favourites. Now, when you're next at XBMC's homescreen, click on the little star icon, next to the icon you use to exit XBMC. On the right hand side you'll see a new menu appear. Press the Up arrow a few times on your remote to jump directly to the end of the list. If you click on the new favourite you've just added, you'll be taken back directly to the area/link you've just added.
Re prioritizing certain hosting comany's links to video streams, that is down to the author of the add-on. A few of them have implement this sort of feature. To check, again don't click OK on the add-on you want to look at, press the Menu or C key again, this time select Add-on Settings, and look through the different tabs of options (if there are any). If you have the option to prioritize certain hosting companies, then make a note of which ones you've found to work well for you. I've noticed that since changing internet provider and physical location, different hosting companies are now faster for me. Ah, just re-read my last post, I'm repeating myself, sorry. Some add-on's authors have a forum thread (google the name of the add-on and XBMC to check for forum threads on the internet), where they might be happy to be informed of dead links that need pruning.

Reactions: Rich Marriott

deemagee84

Mar 21, 2015
Hi for some reason when using genesis to watch any TV programs itbuffers for at least 30 minutes sometimes nearly an hour before I can watch it. This doesn't happen when watching HD movies though which play with no buffering at all. Any ideas? I've got a droidbox X7 ultimate running Gotham 13.1 and broadband speeds not an issue any help would be much appreciated.

I changed buffer settings using easy advanced settings add-on. I also changed genesis settings to auto play so when I select any episode it will play the best link without making a selection from a long list. If I want a 1080p film I can long press my selection and press 'play using' in order to select from a list

Reactions: ChrisM

james good

Dec 29, 2015
hi Im new to this I have a mxq box and genesis is running slow like when I click on watch latest episodes it takes ages to work and bring up a list of programmes when I click on movies its instant what could be causeing this?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Add-ons will go up and down, both in terms of server availability, and also quality of links provided. Genesis may end up being abndoned by it's author, but there are lots of other add-ons to try for access to similar streams. Have a look through the Kodi/DBMC Add-Ons section for recent suggestions.