Marie chaisson

Jul 23, 2015
I'm having an issue with myGica, when I go into GENESIS to watch a movie, I'm only seeing a portion of the screen. we know that it's not with the box as it works fine on my other TV. the TV I'm having issues with is my Toshiba, We are unable to use the HDMI cable on it so we have to use the Video Connectors it's as if the picture doesn't fit the screen. We've gone in and adjusted the settings but nothing is working any ideas on how to fix this

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Go out of xbmc (Kodi) and change the resolution to 560 and see if this helps, if you don't have 560 then the lowest you can go. Then go back to xbmc and go to system then system and check setting here and in video. Try also to the calabration setting too. Is your Tohiba standard definition or HD as in 720p or 1080p.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
I might be wrong here but HD is meant for HDMI the other for standard def, so if you watch something in HD through the standard connectors the TV can't fit it in. So it looks massive, change to SD and should be fine.
I hope.....if I'm wrong I'm sorry for wasting your time

Dave

Marie chaisson

Jul 23, 2015
I'm having an issue with myGica, when I go into GENESIS to watch a movie, I'm only seeing a portion of the screen. we know that it's not with the box as it works fine on my other TV. the TV I'm having issues with is my Toshiba, We are unable to use the HDMI cable on it so we have to use the Video Connectors it's as if the picture doesn't fit the screen. We've gone in and adjusted the settings but nothing is working any ideas on how to fix this

Marie chaisson

Jul 23, 2015
Thank you for getting back to me my Toshiba is a 720p HD TV. I've already tried the calibration and changing it to 560 neither one worked

Marie chaisson

Jul 23, 2015
When I use my HDMI Cable it starts off fine then it shuts down a few seconds later and I can't do anything without restarting the entire system.

Marie chaisson

Jul 23, 2015
When I use the Component cables it works fine I just can't see the pictures because it's over to one side and blacked out at the bottom and the top.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Ok, component cables can take HD, but aren't used any more due to copy protection. Most new tech doesn't have it, does your box have android setting out if xbmc, if it does turn off HDMi auto detect and set pic to 720p and give that ago.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Solution:
Use MX Player as the default video playing application WITHIN Kodi/XBMC/SPMC/DBMC

Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/hde28ih4c02dujn/playercorefactory.xml?dl=0 (you can just close the login window that appears there) and copy it to your DroidBOX device.

Open ES File Explorer, locate the XML file and long click it, then select Cut.

If you're using Kodi, the file needs to be pasted (placed) in:
Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\userdata

If you're running SPMC or DBMC, please put it here:
Android\data\com.semperpax.spmc\files\.spmc\userdata

If you have version 12 or 13 (Frodo or Gotham) of XBMC, please put it here:
Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

To see the directories that start with a full stop in their name, expand the TOOLS menu on the left and turn on the HIDDEN FILES option.

Reboot for good measure, and if done correctly, Kodi/DBMC/SPMC/XBMC will use MX Player (the free version) to play all videos. You'll lose the subtitle and bookmark feature, but will at least be able to see the whole video.

If you don't have MX Player installed on your device (possible on a few very old X7 or iMX6 units), then open Google's Play Store app - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/faq-2/googles-play-store-signing-in-and-auto-updates/ - and install MX Player (the free version) from there.

Reactions: 8bitDev