sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Has anyone ells notice there speed drops on the LAN port? i run a GB home network cat7 cable to the Droidbox LAN port, when i watch videos over my network, some times i notice buffering on my 1080p and 702p videos if i remove the LAN cable from the box and reconnect i get my full speed again, i got another 2 android boxes i dont get the same problem on them boxes using the same cat7 cable, I didn't have this problem on the first android box i had, is this a firmware problem or a hardware problem? i have reset the box several times trying to fix the issue, but the problem is still present, and another strange thing is if i turn my box off at the remote at night and just leave the box in standby mode with the red light on, When i go to press the button on the box in the morning it dont do nothing, only way i can start the box in the morning is by remote control or i remove the power and reconnect , then i can press the button on the box.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Has anyone ells notice there speed drops on the LAN port? i run a GB home network cat7 cable to the Droidbox LAN port, when i watch videos over my network, some times i notice buffering on my 1080p and 702p videos if i remove the LAN cable from the box and reconnect i get my full speed again, i got another 2 android boxes i dont get the same problem on them boxes using the same cat7 cable, I didn't have this problem on the first android box i had, is this a firmware problem or a hardware problem? i have reset the box several times trying to fix the issue, but the problem is still present, and another strange thing is if i turn my box off at the remote at night and just leave the box in standby mode with the red light on, When i go to press the button on the box in the morning it dont do nothing, only way i can start the box in the morning is by remote control or i remove the power and reconnect , then i can press the button on the box.

Regarding powering box from the power button sometimes it can happen that you need to press all the way in.I know it happen to me sometimes that i do not press button properly.
Can you please test that out and see if box can only power using the physical button if previously powered by the power plug.
Now once you want to turn it OFF,please use power button only and see if it works properly.Maybe using the remote caused the problem to the power button to don't work at the moment.Once you come to result please share with us if possible.Regarding the cable you can try to connect another ethernet cable and see if it would provide the same results as previous one did.And Kodi playback as a network connection test is not the best measurement tool,rather use speed test app.

Regards

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
this is the results i get on speed test when the buffering starts.

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2d39ilv6p02gji9/2016-11-03 18.39.51.jpg?dl=0

2016-11-03%2018.40.07.jpg
max i get is 15Mb/s then reconnect the lan and back to max speeds, it cant be the cable as its only doing it on my droidbox, i can use my Matricom G box and my iniipo Q box all day and i dont get this problem, and them 2 boxes only have 100Mbp/s Lan

trust me i am pressing the power button,;) ill test further.

update.

ok last night i didn't use the remote control to put the box in standby mode. i pressed the power button on the box. and i can press the power button this morning and it works, so looks like the remote control is locking the button up:confused:. I am tempted this weekend to do a full reset and re install v106 firmware full reset again and see how i get on.

Last edited:

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
this is the results i get on speed test when the buffering starts.

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xri95l9v9ff8fq/2016-11-03 18.40.07.jpg?dl=0

same pick with flash on
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2d39ilv6p02gji9/2016-11-03 18.39.51.jpg?dl=0

2016-11-03%2018.40.07.jpg
max i get is 15Mb/s then reconnect the lan and back to max speeds, it cant be the cable as its only doing it on my droidbox, i can use my Matricom G box and my iniipo Q box all day and i dont get this problem, and them 2 boxes only have 100Mbp/s Lan

trust me i am pressing the power button,;) ill test further.

update.

ok last night i didn't use the remote control to put the box in standby mode. i pressed the power button on the box. and i can press the power button this morning and it works, so looks like the remote control is locking the button up:confused:. I am tempted this weekend to do a full reset and re install v106 firmware full reset again and see how i get on.
I assumed that remote locked the power button up.Regarding LAN speed,did you tried using another ethernet cable?

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
I assumed that remote locked the power button up.Regarding LAN speed,did you tried using another ethernet cable?

hi 8bitDev,
no not yet ill do some testing tonight or tomorrow and post my results, as i posted above i dont get this problem on my other 2 boxes, all i have to do to get the speed to drop is just unplug the lan cable for 2 sec reconnect and my speed drops, ill get back to you after further testing.;)

Last edited:

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Update, i used the power button again last night, When i came to use the box this morning the button did not work i am 100% sure i was pressing it till it clicks, only way was to use the remote control. as for the lan i tested again using a cat5e cable and i still get the same problem speeds drop to about 15Mb. tomorrow i am going to do a full reset from recovery menu reinstall the firmware again and see how i get on, this is the 2nd box in 3months i have had from droidbox.

Last edited:

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Update 2, when i cold boot the box in the morning i dont get the Droidbox gui just a blank screen and the boot up sound. I have to reboot it to get it to boot properly.

ill do a full reset this week when i get the time, and re flash firmware v106 see if it fixes it.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Update 3, I did a full reset last night in recovery mode, re flasher the firmware v106 did a full reset again in recovery booted up ok, but still getting the speed drops on the LAN. pic below when the buffering starts, if i use the 5GHz Wifi i get no problems at all with buffering.

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/erppy8gmr8uhhx3/2016-11-07%2021.30.12.jpg?dl=0

i guess ill be phoning Droidbox again today give them a chance to make things right :(

Last edited:

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Update 4, i have now flashed with earlier firmware thinking this was a bug in firmware v106 but still getting the speed drops over my lan, as you can see from the pic below when i use wifi i get full speed from my isp, once i use the Lan the box starts buffering and speed props by 50% or more.

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9uepfhxuxbhr89/2016-11-08%2014.01.58.jpg?dl=0

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Update 4, i have now flashed with earlier firmware thinking this was a bug in firmware v106 but still getting the speed drops over my lan, as you can see from the pic below when i use wifi i get full speed from my isp, once i use the Lan the box starts buffering and speed props by 50% or more.

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9uepfhxuxbhr89/2016-11-08%2014.01.58.jpg?dl=0
Can you please tell me have you contacted our support through email/call/live chat?

Reactions: sblabs

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Update 5, i have installed the new firmware v107 but still getting the speed drops on the lan port, on further testing i am only getting this problem on the android side, if i use liberELEC it works fine no speed drops, or any buffering when playing 1080p or Blu-ray over my lan, if i use the wifi all works fine, still getting the problem with the power button.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Update, My box will be on the way back to DBX A&E ;) Tomorrow, as it seams there must be a problem with the LAN port, And today on further inspection of the box its got a bit of a ding by the 5v socket, so it looks like royal mail has dropped this box as it must of taken some impact to cause that ding, so maybe that's the root to all my problems.

one thing i have noticed Droidbox stand by there warranty and will try and resolve any problems.

Last edited:

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Update, i Just got my New Droidbox and its working spot on, no problems with the LAN. what a fast turn around i sent the box on Saturday DBX received it on Monday, Today i got a new box now that is customer service,

thank you to David and Chris and all other staff that have helped me.