Kruegerfan07

Jun 23, 2020
Hi Folks,

I posted something on here a while ago but unfortunately got no reply. I'm thinking my question may have been slightly misunderstood.

I bought the Droix RS-12 mini retro arcade just to see what it was like before shelling out for something bigger and better.

Does anyone have any info on it, like what version arcade roms work on it, or what version the arcade emulator actually is? I can't seem to find this info anywhere.

I'd be grateful for any advice, being an emulation noob. Looked all over the forums and searched google to no avail.

Thanks for any info.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Unfortunately we don't have much information on them either, they're old units and aren't too well documented (they're from a time where dedicated emulation devices were more of a novelty rather than a serious tool).
One possible thing to do would be to open it up, backup the SD card, then try running some custom firmware for say, the RS-07 or RS-97, since I believe they're rather similar. This would risk breaking the device/voiding the warranty so ultimately I can't completely recommend it though.

Higher profile devices like the BITTBOY (Pocket Go) and Anbernic (RG3XX family) are better documented, so they'd be a good pick for your next retro gaming device.

Kruegerfan07

Jun 23, 2020
Thanks for the reply BenDroix. I kinda thought that might be the case. For what I have seen of these, apparently there is no internal sd card like the RS-07. Apparently this is a classic SOC so custom firmware is out.

Just bought a Pocket Go with CFW on it for a decent price so will try that and maybe work up from there.

Thanks again.