Pissed off

Nov 7, 2014
Ireland
I purchased an X7 bundle which included a Mini Keyboard USB device.

While it worked when it arrived, the battery has since drained and when I came to plug it in to recharge it using the USB cable, it will not recharge.

When I connect the USB cable the middle red light on the keyboard lights up .. however I've left it plugged in overnight and as soon as I unplug the cable the device goes dead and the on-off switch will not work. Even with the USB cable plugged in .. they keyboard does not appear to work, is the USB cable ONLY for charging?

Is the battery faulty? The battery is a rechargeable BL-5C (3.7V/810mAh) but I've no other way to test as the keyboard has no way to use AAA batteries as the contacts are not inside the keyboard to use them. It seems the keyboard can ONLY use the flat battery.

Can you advise?

jigger

Aug 28, 2014
Hi there, please email [email protected] with your Remote control issues. They will try to advise you on how to test and troubleshoot your device. If the Mini Keyboard is proven to be faulty, they will be sending you info on how to return the remote back to us so we can check and fix it or replace it if it can't be fixed. :rolleyes: Thanks!

Pissed off

Nov 7, 2014
Ireland
I got a replacement device sent by Droidbox over the Christmas holidays however it fails to start and will not charge when plugged into USB port.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you've received a replacement device and it also doesn't work, there is a possibility that the issue lies within the environment it is used in, rather than two duds in a row being sent out. Can you e-mail that address again please (if you've not yet done so), and try changing everything possible with charging this device - a completely different USB socket in a different device to charge it from, a different USB cable even.

Pissed off

Nov 7, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for the prompt reply .. I've tried USB ports on 2 different PCs and the android box ..nothing worked. However I just called into my next door neighbour and borrowed a cable .. and BINGO!! it works. So it looks like the cable is faulty .. I've the keyboard charging now. Hopefully it will behave now.