fzbob

May 21, 2015
Hampshire UK
Hi Dave.
You remembered then..lol.
Yes the leg is a lot better now thank you.
I think I can get behind the TV & Receiver now
It is quite difficult with a fractured leg (it's fairly close to the wall)

The You-View box is Humax PVR, so I wondered if anyone else used one/PVR in conjunction with the T8s, or have information on using it?
Or any Droidbox come to that.;)

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It has been a long week, so I'm being slow probably...

The Humax PVR has HDMI in, and can record from that input?
I've nto come across anyone else using this approach, so can't comment, but the idea seems sound logically. The PVR won't care what is broadcasting the video, and the DroidBOX won't care about what is "displaying" (presumably a passthrough to a TV after the PVR?) the video data being sent. Only hiccup is HDCP issues, but unless you're watching actual DVD discs or watching video streams from OFFICIAL apps, I don't think that will rear its head.

If you're not planning to record the DroidBOX's video/audio output on the PVR, let me know where I've gone wrong!

Reactions: fzbob

fzbob

May 21, 2015
Hampshire UK
Great, thanks for that.
I've never been a moderator, but I guess it must be hard work. ;)

I just wanted to know if the T8s would work satisfactorily with it.
ie...record/ Pause/ rewind etc.
I'll sort it,When I buck up the courage to venture behind the system lol

fzbob

May 21, 2015
Hampshire UK
I assume NavX is an app...right?
If so, is it for movies only?

Sorry this is my first venture into Droidboxes (when I eventually set it up ..lol)

fzbob

May 21, 2015
Hampshire UK
Damn!!!!
Had a go at fitting the T8s today, but found it too difficult with my injuries to get behind & fit the HDMI etc. lol
Will have to wait a while I guess, bloody leg, I thought it would be OK.
in the meantime I'm reading this forum for good advice, so keep posting..lol ;)

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sorry I hav'nt replied , NaviX is a program and has a mixed bag of movies , sport and Adult content.
You can sign up online so you are registered....but if you don't you can still watch stuff.

Dave

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
One last thing 5.1 is hard to find as more and more people get sound bars and not home cinema amps and speakers. NaviX has loads on the 1st page in watched last 24hours. I think its in More Power Movies. Hope this helps and be carful with your leg.

Dave

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
When you've set up your box and getting it running, if you have the T8s I would look at getting a hard drive for it as well. Works well......at the moment its only works in openelec, but I think soon it will work on android too.

Dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Just to clarify, using a USB external hard drive is fine on all our models (some devices will require the hard drive to either have it's own power supply or be plugged into a mains powerer USB hub connected to the DroidBOX).
The T8-S is the only one with a 2.5" bay inside it and a SATA connector for data and power.