pavlacos

Jan 29, 2020
hi guys
I've problem with my hanheld after one month of having (not often using)

I make to you specific issue description:

1 phaze
After couple of minutes of playing console is restarting or just freeze.
it's immposible to turn it on. only restart button help's to wake it up
even then when it's turn on, it's turn off immediately

When you wait another couple of minutes when its off, than you can turn it on normally, but the problems is back again in another several minutes.
I notice that the console is very sensitive of touching when its starts (only after an issue)
delicate move and its going to freeze and restarting procedure all the time.

2 phaze (today)
I want to make some research in internet to find and make update (i've newest one 1,5 from 27 oct, but still)
but handheld even won't start properly. After anbernic logo it's freezeing or crash.
its immposible to connect it to the laptop or even turn off the device.

Any solution?
That was happend after 30 minut session of colin 2 on psx emu
Handheld was using very carefully, etui etc (it's my third one, excluding ds/3ds)

I write to the retromimi, but they have new year eve or smt
I dont want to open the device, but i' m courious what was happend (sd card or thermal problem)?

thx

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Did you purchase it from us (DroiX) if so email us at [email protected] with your order number, or your full name and post code the order was sent to and we can set up a return to inspect it.

If it is not from us, then it could be that the SD card is failing and not being reliable. You could try flashing new firmware on to another Micro SD card and see it the issues are still happening or not.

Businesses are closed for Chinese New Year and this has now been extended until February 10th due to the virus outbreak.

pavlacos

Jan 29, 2020
unfortunattly no, i buy it at retromimi

Reinstaling firmware its not solving the problem
I try stable firmware 1.5 and newest one 1.7
I use 2 diferent card instead of original, including brand new from the shop (sandisk ultra) and device is acting the same, restarting all the time
i think its some hardware problem which i cant solve

so i must wait till they reopen it (but mine i think is frome belgium - sending adres)

Andrew Bridger

Mar 4, 2020
@paviacos - did you get this resolved?

My RG-350 is showing the same symptoms. I've tried changing internal and external SD cards, changing the firmware but still crashes (grey screen then switches off) from time to time... and have the same issue where to switch on, you need to press power button and then refresh. It seems to be something related to key presses - ie with no buttons pressed its reliable. Seems to be worse if you press a couple of buttons at the same time, but not reliably always replicable.

@Dave C - is there a log file that could help identify the cause. My unit is from you but I'd prefer to fix rather than return if possible (plus I opened the unit to upgrade the firmware - not sure if that is a problem).

Thanks,

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Does the issue happen if you leave it on the homescreen menus for example? If you purchased it from us then email us at [email protected] with your order number, or your full name and post code the order was sent to and we can look into it some more and if needed set up a return to inspect it. But please note if the warranty sticker has been broken/removed to open the device we may not accept it for inspection.

Andrew Bridger

Mar 4, 2020
Left in the home screen and not touching it is fine.

Doesn't seem to be tied to an app, has crashed in different apps and even navigating the menu.

Not constant but enough to be annoying. I will send an email to support.

Thanks

MinPower

Feb 23, 2020
Hi,

unfortunately my RG350 randomly crashes and restarts as well.
In the first two weeks there were no issues (pre-installed FW 1.7): I tested almost every emulator and played some games on pcsx4all.
Since playing arcade games (FBA and Mame4all) sudden crashes have appeared on almost every application, especially whenever I pressed select- or/and shoulder-buttons (but in "Input-Test" I can smash them...).
I have tried FW1.5, different SD-cards, without any luck. Reassembling didn´t fix it either.
At the moment I´m saving like every 5min, but it´s kind of annoying.

Any ideas? :/

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
If you purchased it from us then email us at [email protected] with your order number, or your full name and post code the order was sent to and we can look into it some more and if needed set up a return to inspect it.

MinPower

Feb 23, 2020
Just an update:
Somehow I fixed my RG350 :D
But I do not really know what was wrong: Reassembled the whole device again and again and finally it works^^

Andrew Bridger

Mar 4, 2020
Just to update, I returned mine and quickly received a replacement unit back from Droix and that one works fine! Thanks for the great customer service!