Duncan McDonald

Nov 20, 2018
I want to connect my T8-SE to a Windows 10 PC using USB. I try connecting both the USB A ports and the OTG port (using an A to A cable) and neither show up in the Windows Device Manager. The USB ports seem to recognize devices OK, but the DroidBox has to look like a device for Windows to recognize it. How can I put the OTG port into device mode? Or any other strategies for connecting to a PC over USB?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
What are you trying to achieve doing this? The droidboxes' files can be accessed on a pc using an ftp client.

Duncan McDonald

Nov 20, 2018
We cannot get very high speed through WiFi for some reason. We are developing SW and have to down load code many times a day for testing. Using a USB link would be a lot faster. FTP would be great if the USB port works in device mode. It does not show up at all in Device Manager which in my experience means it is turned off (or not implemented, or fried). If it was at all active Windows will put up an error message.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
The drivers need to be installed before an android box is recognised in windows afaik.