Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Find out more and buy the Bittboy at https://droidbox.co.uk/bittboy-v2-retro-gaming-emulator-portable-handheld.html and the Pocket Go at https://droidbox.co.uk/droix-bittboy-go-retro-gaming-portable-handheld.html

NOTE: We had a few customers asking why the screen backlight is flashing several times every so often. This is a new feature to inform that the battery is at around 10% charge left and to charge it up.

Custom Firmware Downloads

Bittboy V2 V2.5 https://mega.nz/#!IkoRHKKY!hCsSmSvLFArO59gU_5LeSz655xu-TJYBe0CDhvQu1_g
Bittboy V3 https://mega.nz/#!R04zGIZT!35PY35LDh-RvuIM-iJ16SeVEbs2AdnMoRk3-wXDIItQ
Bittboy V3.5 https://mega.nz/#!h0RVTABQ!SFPkogkERNX0w7yiYmkjfuOyPwLk2QheW-fvdA_fzpE

Help Guides

Install Guide for Bittboy at https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/bittboy-custom-firmware-installation/ and you can identify your model of Bittboy at https://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/bittboy-faq.15489/

Change Log

*gmenunx hold select & L will change volume up or down hold select & R will change backlight up down.
*added latest fceux nes emulator (miyoofcfceu_20190807_by_koroneo) much better performance thanks to koroneo
*added uae4all amiga emulator thanks to jamesofarrell
*added vectrex emulator You need to have a copy of Minestorm in .vecxemu and name the file rom.dat.Otherwise it won't run as Minestorm also contains worth of 1kb of BIOS functions used by most games thanks to sauce.
*added Circuit Dude game thanks to @crait
*added chocolate-doom-modlaunch doom mods (Copy Doom 2 retail wad to /games/ccdoom (in main partition) with the filename Doom2.wad.) thanks to scooterpsu
*updated gpsp_gameblabla_v3_rumble_mapping.zip thanks to sauce this is now the main GPSP emulator.
*added comic-book skin HUGE THANKS TO Segich & SimplEasy FOR ARTWORK
*updated SORR to v5.1 & now you can exit properly in game menu :)
*updated fontigrid theme for new emulators & games thanks s4i
*updated ST-SDL Terminal Emulator changed some of the key mappings in order to type faster, like Start is Enter and Select is Tab, also Reset now closes the program by Benob, Ported by SantX27 thanks.
*new miyoo_daemon 0.0.3 added battery detection. Once the battery gets below 3.55v the screen will flash every minute or so. The value can be adjusted by creating /mnt/.batterylow.conf. The default value is 3550.thanks to jamesofarrell
*updated edits to the bootup we have now hidden terminal screens on boot and when switching games etc so it looks clean the colors can be changed also see below default terminal color is same as bootlogo color.
"changed init script to silent output.
Added custom terminl colors. Edit "/main/kernel/colors" to update them"
*New FB Driver for v3 v3.5 & pocketgo (version bug fixes) thanks to jamesofarrell
*New Zimage for all devices
- Disable Bootlogo
- Disable Android specific code
- Enable Squashfs support
- Disable the kernel's NTFS code.
- set the block scheduler to deadline.
- Disable Make rodata strictly non-executable
- enable experemental FPU code
- enable BLK_DEV_LOOP for OPK support thanks to jamesofarrell

credits thank's in no particular order.

jutleys
koroneo
jamesofarrell
scooterpsu
SantX27
dee
hi-ban
ping_flood
steward-fu
sauce
crait
vincent
byteporter
countdukula
s4i
2TMAU5
Segich
SimplEasy

[UPDATE]
BUTTON ACTION HOLD MENU+
X, Right - Brightness Up
A, Left - Brightness Down
B, Down - Volume Down
Y, Up - Volume Up
Start - Mute
Hold Select - Quick Shutdown

Last edited:

halfcentaur

Aug 21, 2019
I have been trying to update to the newest, starting with 4.1 and now this on a new SD card. I get everything set up and working, but I can never get it to consistently boot on my bittboy.
I have to make multiple attempts before the screen will actually light up and boot. I was also having some issues with emulators constantly kicking me back into the game selection screen on almost any emulator, but on this 4.2 I haven't had it happen yet on Super Mario World.

It's just frustrating constantly attempting to turn it on. Ending up having to go back to the original stock SD card, also worried to update the SD card that it came with in case I can't get it to work right either.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I have been trying to update to the newest, starting with 4.1 and now this on a new SD card. I get everything set up and working, but I can never get it to consistently boot on my bittboy.
I have to make multiple attempts before the screen will actually light up and boot. I was also having some issues with emulators constantly kicking me back into the game selection screen on almost any emulator, but on this 4.2 I haven't had it happen yet on Super Mario World.

It's just frustrating constantly attempting to turn it on. Ending up having to go back to the original stock SD card, also worried to update the SD card that it came with in case I can't get it to work right either.
It might be the SD card. If you can, try a different one.

patrykz103

Aug 26, 2019
When Im trying change brightness in main menu, bittboy has just black screen then... Idk why... When I turn off, and turn on again (from switch button), bittboy has black screen again, when comes to main menu. Any fixes ?

patrykz103

Aug 26, 2019
EDIT. I tried once again, and i see that this ROM (imo) has problem with volume and brightness "shifting" way. In old ROM version there is SELECT+ B or A for volume, and +T for brightness. When i want to change brightness in main menu, screen goes to totaly black, but +T up or +T down not changing brightness. I need to change volume or brightness like SELECT+ arrow left or arrow right...

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Hold the 'R' button then press
X, Right - Brightness Up
A, Left - Brightness Down
B, Down - Volume Down
Y, Up - Volume Up
Start - Mute
Hold Select - Quick Shutdown

Dscholtus

Sep 9, 2019
Hello. I noticed that for the Amiga emu a kick.rom file was missing and needs to be downloaded and placed at ./mnt/.uae4all. Apparently its the bios file.

UPDATE: i probably installed the wrong bios file because the menu starts but after choosing the rom files and launching the game doesnt get running.(so if the developer can send a good supported bios file, would be appreciated)

And also as described in the changelog i placed Doom2.wad in the main partition /games/ccdoom directory but games start and quit immediatly so.. chocolat doom mods launcher.
What needs to be done to get it working?

UPDATE: it was my mistake i didnt copy corectly but since placing the doom2.wad in ccdoom directory no games are listed anymorr in the chocolat launcher. WHATS WRONG?

I got the vectrex emu up and running normally with minestorm.

Thank you

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019
Bauru, SP, Brasil

dribblestick

Jan 26, 2021
Is there an alternate download location? File missing from dl location.
Bittboy 3.5 download attempts.
The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
This could be due to the following reasons:
The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.
Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist
The file has been deleted by the user.

Last edited: