1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bittboy CFW v4.1 for v2.0 to v3.5 models

Discussion in 'BittBoy and Pocket Go Retro Gaming Handheld' started by Dave C, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Dave C

Dave C Administrator Staff Member

Find out more and buy the Bittboy at https://droidbox.co.uk/bittboy-v2-retro-gaming-emulator-portable-handheld.html

You can find out your model of Bittboy on our FAQ at https://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/bittboy-faq.15489/.

Bittboy v2.0 and v2.5 model - https://mega.nz/#!ktITmSzb!ITWBiQSpW0QjVzGRxI4l2-vBAR_3IccnFwAXKpIrm0A
    Bittboy v3 model - https://mega.nz/#!wgw3UAxK!EaCcPUvCpgZQF2pK8ugZd7R7Zmi4vkgnNu-_4ehiiEo
    Bittboy v3.5 model - https://mega.nz/#!Eg5GTS6Z!ltfHpRruo2h_nsOxaPN65H7hnNokN5yLpAkbtuNqXTQ

This is a full upgrade install, due to some major changes to rootfs, so please follow the guide at https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/bittboy-custom-firmware-installation/

Changelog: v4.1

*Merged with latest GmenuNX release new features and better future support thanks ping_flood.
    *(latest screen tearing fix & for some people experiencing distortion) thanks roast
    *added sd sync patch fixes the forced shutdown corruption problem thanks SantX27
    *Gambatte has been updated Changes:below thanks Hi-Ban
    - Added an option to switch between mono and stereo sound. Default option (and recommended one) is Mono.
    - Removed L/R menu hotkeys for most devices. Now only the power/suspend button calls the menu.
    *added new fceux nes emulator much better performance thanks to koroneo
    *added fontigrid theme for new gmenuNX support thanks s4i
    *added ST-SDL Terminal Emulator by Benob, Ported by SantX27 thanks.
    *FBA added new fba release for arcade games thanks to Hank.
    Standard key mapping:
    D-PAD - D-PAD
    SELECT - Coin1
    START - Start1
    SELECT+START - Start2
    A - Fire1
    B - Fire2
    X - Fire3
    Y - Fire4
    L - Fire5
    R - Fire6

*New daemon from jamesofarrell thanks
    Defaults are now
    (all with select held)
    x: brightness up
    hold x: Toggle between max/min brightness
    a: brightness down
    hold a: quick shutdown
    y: volume up
    hold y: nothing
    b: volume down
    hold b: toggle mute/unmute
    so if you hold select and x instead of pressing it you get a second action

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  2. Braxton Bailey

Braxton Bailey New Member

Is there a possible way to add the binding of Issac to the Bittboy? I'm sure the bittboy could handle it and it would be great to carry around.

3. Dave C

I think the original was a Flash game? If so then Flash would need to be ported which is not going to happen. If there are other source code available then someone would need to port it for it to work on the Bittboy.

4. Braxton Bailey

5. 1.8matt

1.8matt New Member

Full reinstall necessary or can I just use the upgrade instructions from 4.0?

6. Braxton Bailey

You have to do a full reinstall on this one, there was a lot of changes.

7. 1.8matt

1.8matt New Member

I jumped the gun and just did the upgrade, no issues that I can find. Should I just run it or wipe and start over?

8. Braxton Bailey

I have no idea, I know they changed the rootfs and things about that, I would do a full reinstall just to make sure everything is up to date and you didnt miss anything while copying the files over. but thats up to you its your device.

9. 1.8matt

1.8matt New Member

I'll let it roll and see what happens. Worst case I start over.

Braxton Bailey likes this.
  10. Braxton Bailey

True true, hope it works great, I love it!!

11. 1.8matt

1.8matt New Member

I'm liking the slightly tweaked UI. I'll have to explore it some more to see any other differences.

12. Braxton Bailey

I feel like I've noticed better playability out of snes emulation and ps1, hopefully ps1 emulation gets better though because I know for sure the bittboy could run it better. I'd like to see someone add nds emulation as well, because the bittboy could handle it pretty easily if it can run most ps1 games alright. If they release a bittboy 4.0 hopefully it has a better graphics chip in it, I wouldn't mind paying 10-20 extra dollars for more stable graphics.

13. 1.8matt

1.8matt New Member

I just played Marvel vs Capcom for PS1 on it and it worked OK, not great but easily playable. I'm not expecting much in terms of running those games, but I do remember some NES games were clipping so I'll have to try and find them again to see how they perform.

14. Braxton Bailey

Yeah, the ps1 emulator seems better, when I was on an earlier version super mario world had some lag issues but seems all taken care of now with 4.1

15. Luciano Gardim

Luciano Gardim New Member

Is a alpha version?

My icons not appear in some emulators.

16. chanok

chanok New Member

Hi, I bought my bittboy pocket go from retromimi, and It doesn’t come with a serial number in the back. Is there another way to find the version of bittboy I have?

17. 1.8matt

1.8matt New Member

Well, I tried formatting my SD card and putting the .img back on and got an error part of the way in and now I can't get my SD card to show up in My Computer or in MiniTool Partition Wizard. Any ideas on how I can get it back? It shows up as volume :D but when I try to format, it says there is no disk installed.

Edit: Turns out it was the piece of junk card reader that came with my Bittboy.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  18. 1.8matt

1.8matt New Member

Is there a way to externally back up save states?

19. Dave C

It depends on the emulator where the files are saved but generally the save files have .SAV file extension. You can copy them from the SD Card to your PC.