Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Ive been thinking about upgrading my T8 Mini - but Ive been looking on the Droix site at the new models and I cant see anywhere dual boot capability. I only ever use Leebrelec as its spot on for me.
Can anyone advise please
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
GUTTED!!!!!! is this the end for LE users? as this was the main draw/attraction for me towards Droid Boxes. LE is as you know a stripped down bare bones OS which in my opinion is far smoother and way less bloatware. Does this mean then that LE has been abandoned in all the new ranges? I sincerely hope not mate.
Thanks for letting me know.
Regards
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
OK. Ill keep going with my trusty T8 Mini. Certainly hope Droix boxes cater for LE in the near future.
Regards
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Just make sure not to use putty and install to internal on your devices guys, just run it from sd card or you will end up losing any dual boot functionality. Also I beg to differ that dbx are not likely to release their own version, as I reckon given time we will see a LibreElec 9x update.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
For tinkerers only whilst waiting for any possible release from droix: http://cvh.libreelec.tv/AML/S905/LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0.1.img.gz
Ir remote not working but if you have another remote with a dongle it will work fine.

Method: Download the above L E image on pc and use win32diskimager to write to a 2gb minimum sd card, now open the sd card and delete the dtb image file in there then open device tree folder and copy and paste into root of sd the gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb file and rename it to dtb.img and save it. Now eject sd card and insert into T8 mini and boot it up using the toothpick method. Booting from sd card will not harm any part of your box be it android or LibreELEC that you already have. This LibreELEC image is the latest Kodi Leia 18.1 and have tested on the T8 mini only.

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
This thread is for the T8 mini only, different chipset in the T8s plus v1 and will not work. That model is stuck with L E 17.6 unfortunately.

cliff

Sep 20, 2014
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
thanks sean i have tried s812 for numerous boxes with alexelec as well .cant find anything that will work i did not realise it was a mini thread just came up in search results.thanks matey

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
thanks sean i have tried s812 for numerous boxes with alexelec as well .cant find anything that will work i did not realise it was a mini thread just came up in search results.thanks matey
Give this latest image a go on your T8s plus v1, it is alexelec with kodi 18.4:

https://github.com/AlexELEC/AE-AML/releases/download/3.1.4/AlexELEC-S812.M8S.arm-3.1.4.img.gz
Also when you have burned the image to sdcard you may have to change the .dtb file if the original 1 is not booting alexelec from the device tree folder. Think its the m8s one.

cliff

Sep 20, 2014
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
hi sean i have tried 3 different versions of this image already as you can see there is no dtb file or tree folder just an aml autoscript and non of them work for me looks like 17.6 is going to stay until db update but i dont think it is going to happen

thanks for your help matey
Annotation 2019-09-24 165045.png

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
Im sad to see droidbox drop libreelec even if only short term!
I recently bought a TX6 Android 9.0 TV Box royal pile of Welll!
I went back to my dual boot t8 s plus v2 I really really hate android kodi, it's so unstable compared to libreelec one mistake, one movie preview that it doesn't like booom back to android!
Thanks everyone for the options to look into and try maybe I can salvage the 70 dollar boat anchor I just bought!

Dave and everyone at droidbox please please please get to fixing this libreelec is rock solid!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Just the 1 word for you buddy 'CoreELEC' these amlogic build guys are rocking the scene and leaving LibreELEC way behind where box compatability is concerned. Even the beelink gt king droix are selling is compatible.