BenzilLobo

Jul 24, 2020
I recently upgraded my Android TV Box from an old Android 7 box to a box with the latest Android TV (9 Pie Certified) and I'm not impressed at all. App market (play store is pretty empty) ok not so bad I'll side-load apk's.. But my biggest problem I'm hoping someone can help wit is every and I really do mean "every" web browser I install insists on having this stupid zoomed in view where everything is huge and looks more like a mobile view even though I set the browser to desktop mode - I'm using a 65 inch TV and it feels like every browser I use is like using a 65 inch Mobile device rather than a desktop browser. All regular websites I visit are zoomed in and there is no way what-so-ever to zoom out at a proper desktop view no matter the browser used (Puffin, Opera, UC, Dolphin, Edge, Brave, FireFox etc etc ..) so this must be an OS (Android TV) issue. I have tried all settings on my TV and it is most deffenitely not my TV as the issue goes away when I use my old Android 7 TV Box. So I ty all settings in the new Android TV (9 Pie) Box and nothing fixes it, (ie) screen res / text size / accesability etc - so can anyone please ? is this a common issue? up to now I hate Android TV 9 and if it was not for the higher spec hardware and nice 4k playback then I would go back to Android 7 TV Box. Please someone Help?

VikramDroix

Staff member
Jun 25, 2020
I recently upgraded my Android TV Box from an old Android 7 box to a box with the latest Android TV (9 Pie Certified) and I'm not impressed at all. App market (play store is pretty empty) ok not so bad I'll side-load apk's.. But my biggest problem I'm hoping someone can help wit is every and I really do mean "every" web browser I install insists on having this stupid zoomed in view where everything is huge and looks more like a mobile view even though I set the browser to desktop mode - I'm using a 65 inch TV and it feels like every browser I use is like using a 65 inch Mobile device rather than a desktop browser. All regular websites I visit are zoomed in and there is no way what-so-ever to zoom out at a proper desktop view no matter the browser used (Puffin, Opera, UC, Dolphin, Edge, Brave, FireFox etc etc ..) so this must be an OS (Android TV) issue. I have tried all settings on my TV and it is most deffenitely not my TV as the issue goes away when I use my old Android 7 TV Box. So I ty all settings in the new Android TV (9 Pie) Box and nothing fixes it, (ie) screen res / text size / accesability etc - so can anyone please ? is this a common issue? up to now I hate Android TV 9 and if it was not for the higher spec hardware and nice 4k playback then I would go back to Android 7 TV Box. Please someone Help?
Hi,

Could you please confirm which Android TV Box model do you have ? Did you installed the compatible custom ROM provided for your Android TV Box ?