Lew Peppe

Apr 4, 2017
I have a T10 Media box with Amlogic s805 running on android 4.4.2 . I'm new to this and have 2 questions.

1)I cant activate my blue tooth to do anything. Search , make discovereable,etc.
2)Where do I find update for firmware and how do I do it using sd card.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
1) Have other users of the same device reported this issue? If not, it might be worth trying a factory reset.
2) I'd definitely recommend contacting the supplier or manufacturer of your T10 box, as most of the links, firmware, advice here are specifically for DroidBOX devices.
In general, if you find a compatible firmware that you want to flash and the file is a ZIP, you would pop into the Recovery menu (how to get there varies from one device to another), select Apply update from EXT, then the entry that mentions sdcard , then a factory reset. But only flash firmware that is known to be compatible with the T10 - otherwise you could end up damaging your device.

Lew Peppe

Apr 4, 2017
Ok. How do I do a factory reset? Also I can not find the right firmware to upgrade my particular box..

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Have looked online and am unable to find any firmwares at all for your box, try going into settings/ backup and restore/ erase all content and reboot, then let it install everything afresh (give it a good 10mins to do so)Am a bit wary of pointing you towards any videos to do this as some people have bricked their devices trying to follow tutorials.

Lew Peppe

Apr 4, 2017
It's running on android 4.4.2....I understand what your saying but in a little confused on what firmware to download ...also how do you hard reset ?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
You don't need to d/l any firmware, if you do a hard reset (the toothpick method) you can wipe your box and everything that was pre-installed will reinstall. The T10 looks like a T8 and should have a reset button that can be pressed in with a toothpick. The T8 reset is on the right side to the back, disconnect the lead from the box (not the plug to socket end) keep the toothpick pressed in activating the reset button whilst re-connecting the power lead and press the on button (still holding in the toothpick) until the green android figure appears then you can let go. The recovery menu should now be visible to the left. Scrool down to wipe data and reset, then reboot and leave it whilst it installs everything from startup. Leave it for 10-15 mins to complete.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Did you try a factory restore to solve your bluetooth issues on the box? A whole lot of people seem to want to use Krypton 17x as its the latest Kodi release, it is not all that!! Kodi Jarvis 16.1 will run on your box without any issues for the time being.

Lew Peppe

Apr 4, 2017
I did the reset...still can't switch the Bluetooth on or discoverable ...I can go to screen and slide Bluetooth to on but nothing happens ..I can't connect my Bluetooth controller.i need this function .

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If the device had bluetooth listed as a feature, the seller gave you a warranty, and their support team can't help you, consider asking them for a refund/working replacement.

Lew Peppe

Apr 4, 2017
Anyway of upgrading from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4...been doing some research and I've read that flashing th firmware will resolve this problem .i have no idea where to find it .