Jabbabroadley

Sep 26, 2016
I am an Amazon Fire Stick user that uses Kodi. I generally use this for sport and would also like to use it for movies, the trouble is I find it very unreliable and rarely get a good stream or many of the films I try to load either don't or are of poor quality.

I am wondering what the issue is? Is it my internet? Is it Kodi? Is it the streams? Or is it the Amazon Fire Stick?

I have been looking at the boxes or here and I am wondering if it is worth the outlay when possibly I may get a similar service.

Any advice of these issues would be great. Thank You

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Kodi on the fire stick needs to be basic as it does not have a lot of storage. So keep it to the minium and make sure you clear cache often.
Good movie add-ons to use Phoenix, Exodus and try Supremacy add-on it has Maverick in there to.
Last thing droidboxs are very good for lots of things and the T8mini is a very good box running lolipop so it future proff.

Jabbabroadley

Sep 26, 2016
Thank you, so the problem could be my installation of kodi is too 'heavy'? Do you think that's the problem with performance?

Thanks for the advice, so the T8 mini would be a good option for someone such as myself?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
The T8-S plus is good too, depends what you need it for. Both run android lolipop and the mini has 16GB while T8-S plus has 32, and room for a HDD to be installed.
It's a good upgrade from the fire stick, but clearing cache and packages is a good routine to get into as it keeps things running smoothly. Also with droidbox you get support and future updates.

Jabbabroadley

Sep 26, 2016
Cheers Dave I now have Pyramid, for some reason I couldn't get Supremacy. Looks like I have Kodi 14.2, should I upgrade to a newer version?

Jabbabroadley

Sep 26, 2016
Apologies for all the questions but any links to upgrading, I did upgrade at one point but seemed like I got it from a bad source and the blog ripped off someone else build

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi there,
I upgraded to the T8 Mini. TBH its enough for me. Its got a S905 chip so its nice and future proof for all the new kodi releases and mine came with 16.1 installed. I only use the openelec side of it which is Jarvis 16.1 - I can fault it. If your like me and dont need the extra HD space and 16Gb is enough then its a great buy. I dont need any extra space as I run a NAS through it so all my saved stuff is on another HD. T8 Mini - its great and easy to set up.
Dave

Reactions: David Savage

Jabbabroadley

Sep 26, 2016
Great timing literally just did this, the trouble is I installed The Pyramid and Supremacy when I was on Kodi 14.1, thus a lot of apps were incompatible.

Is it advisable to start again now I have 16.1 installed?

Jabbabroadley

Sep 26, 2016
I completely wiped Kodi to ensure that I only had the platform, no ad dons. I have now installed Pyramid and Supremacy. One thing I have noticed is I no longer some ad dons like Exodus,Sportsdevil, Phoneix etc. I take it theses are separate add on installs?

If you could point me in the right direction again I would be over the moon

Very happy with my set-up now, very clean. Thank you

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014

Jabbabroadley

Sep 26, 2016
Great stuff, what I really like is that you have helped me with my existing kit and gave great advice rather than just try to sell me something.

If my fire stick doesn't improve I will look to purchase a droid box after your kind assistance.

BTW I try to install Exodus and Phoenix and was un enable as it says dependency failed to install???

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Dont understand that mate - Exodus should now install with no problems. My mate has the firestick and is always chewing with it.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Great stuff, what I really like is that you have helped me with my existing kit and gave great advice rather than just try to sell me something.

If my fire stick doesn't improve I will look to purchase a droid box after your kind assistance.

BTW I try to install Exodus and Phoenix and was un enable as it says dependency failed to install???
This can happen sometimes, try using a add-on installer like this one.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...ggcMAE&usg=AFQjCNGsMrX9fasEroAy1LZL97R08B944w

Regards