Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Eyup you lot!
Here's a good one: if you know the answer can you share please?

How can you WIPE but "Not" Uninstall OpenELEC?

I ask because I would like to be able to experiment with a few wizards but don't want to be doing a RESET in Android all the time as this clears all the desktop items that I have set up in the Android menus!

I know that I could UNINSTALL OpenELEC form the Android Apps but I would need to re-install it all again, so, my question is: can I "Clean" Open Elec, so that I can re-install different wizards and experiment and play.......

Now then - There's a question eh?

Regards,
Ray(Str)

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you go to system, then underneath go to openelec. Here you can make adjustments to the settings in openelec, also you can do a reset to system default which resets it...
Give that ago, I find wizards take up a lot of space and loads of stuff you don't need.
Have you tried just adding the repository and then installing what you need. You can always add a skin yourself by going to system, appearance and skin then add skin. Here you can load your own..

Hope this helps

Reactions: shah nissar

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hi, inside open elec you need to Select System then from the Dropdown click on Open Elec then click on System again then under Reset to Defaults click on Reset OpenElec to Defaults... That should be it..

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
One quick thing to note, the
Switch 2 OpenELEC
app found in Android is NOT the openELEC operating system, if you did try to uninstall the app, the openELEC operating system itself would still be present and take up storage space, it just wouldn't be accessible.

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Yes Silent mate.....quite!
I knew that!
Actually, I did notice that this "OpenELEC Configuration" icon, is "NOT" available in the App store...so do I take it that it is part of the operating system?

If not...any idea how it's made? it would be interesting to know, just in case it ever disappears!
It would be interesting to know if this is possible "OR IS IT PART OF THE BUILD?

After all of my searching - it appears to be the "ONLY" way of getting back to Android from OpenELEC - unless anyone knows any different of course.

Thanks again,
Ray.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
A little confusion here, sorry.

Switch 2 OpenELEC - Android application. Reboots device and loads up the openELEC operating system. Indeed, not in the playstore (when we first started, not many dual booting devices existed in the market). It is installed as a system application, so you'd need to really try hard to uninstall it! The APK file can be found in /system/app if you do need it sometime for some reason.

OpenELEC Configuration - A program add-on found within Kodi when using the openELEC operating system. Where switching to Android functionality can be found as a menu entry if not using the Confluence skin. Won't be found in Android's Play Store, as a Kodi program add-on for a different operating system.

I think openELEC config program add-on, switch to Android is likely to be the best path. If you do delve into creating skins in Kodi a great deal, do let us know if you manage to insert the option into another skin's shutdown menu.

Reactions: David Savage

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
We can't uninstall OpenELEC as it is operating system like we have windows and Android. So, we can't uninstall operating system.
About "Switch to openELEC", it is an Android App which is used to switch from Android side to OpenELEC side. Inside OpenElec you can install Wizards Like wookie.