Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi all,
Im wondering if someone can advise. I have Gigabit wired to my T8 Mini and it is Gigabit connection so all is fine. Im looking at ALL the new boxes and WOW Im totally confused at which one would be the perfect upgrade - all the processor names and capabilities are confusing.
I have noticed som higher spec boxes are only 100M will this be a problem?
Regards
Dave

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
100M transfers around 10 MB/sec so unless you have anything that requires higher speeds than that then it would not be required. If you was transferring many files between devices for example then a Gigabit Ethernet would be handy. For streaming or occasional transferring files, 100M would be fine. Netflix 4K streaming requires around 2.5MB/sec to put in perspective.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Ah thats brilliant. I have a gigabit wired connection to my NAS from computer as Im always transferring files but I was just curious as to why some boxes only have 100M.
Thank you for that. Dont look like it makes much difference to me then really.
Dave

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
My guess is it keeps the overall cost down, it is probably a few £ difference at the most but if it means it is cheaper and wont be of use to most people then it makes it cheaper to buy etc.