sceptic

Aug 12, 2014
Hi,

I have a AC8350 X7 and want to upgrade the firmware via the Micro SD card. I can get the boot menu up ok with the card inserted but the Android robot has a red exclamation icon instead of a spinning shape and selecting 'Apply update from external storage' just pulls up an empty menu list. It seems like my Micro SD cards (tried several) are not being detected. How should they be formatted and are the instructions correct that the root should just contain a single file 'update.img'

Any advice appreciated. BTW I want to do the SD card update so I can do this in place without removing the unit and connecting it to a PC.

TIA

sceptic

Aug 12, 2014
BTW I should add that the Micro SD cards are detected ok in settings -> storage after the box has booted up...

Graham

Jul 26, 2014
I am also a new member and not sure if my advise will help but I just updated to gotham 13.2 but did it through box. Went onto the net through Google chrome and downloaded APK file for android. Had a few problems running it as the box run low on memory so I had to take a chance and uninstall old version then ran gotham version as first run using wizard. Perhaps you may get better advise about sd card from tech guys as I may have just been lucky but all running fine at the moment.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@sceptic - Can you try reformatting the card(s) to FAT32 on your PC (deselect the Quick Format option to be on the safe side, and click the Restore Defaults or similar button first). Just the update.img file is required on the card, yes.