Kendalld77

Aug 12, 2015
My T8 is very slow streaming from genesis lots of buffering both zero cache and tuxen advance settings wired and wifi. I use openelec and have a acer in the other room also running openelec which is very quick no issues.

Finding T8 very problematic any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Using zero cache on these boxes can cause problems as it uses all the boxes internal memory up. On a computer it would stream to HDD, on there its just fills up and starts playing up.
Try going into Xunity maintenance and turn off advanced setting, then check your memory in storage and if the misc files has taken over you might have to clear data in Kodi and then re-run the wizard. Hope this helps...

Kendalld77

Aug 12, 2015
But that cache should clear when you stop playing, also does it on another advance setting.
Got to be honest rasp pi was better than this would never get another android box. I've never been on a forum so mcg

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sorry to here this, I aways use an Ethernet cable for these boxes. When I used advanced setting it caused a few problems, it streamed to far ahead and then froze. So I turned it off and all fine now.
If your having problems have you tried live chat and get some help of the droidbox team. They might sort thus out for you. Good luck

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I don't think there is a problem with t8 or android boxes in general. Of course yours may have a fault but generally buffering is down to a combination of overloaded or poor sources, broadband speed and network traffic (always worse in the evening and when the us switches on). Ethernet connection does help. Also do a speed test. If you are getting more than 4mb that is good enough for SD sources, 8-9mb for HD. Certainly try other addons or android apps to see if you have similar problems e.g. navi-x, phoenix, youtube, bbc iplayer. If those work ok then that certainly suggests the genesis sources you have chosen are the problem.

Kendalld77

Aug 12, 2015
Absolute rubbish apologies to be blunt. But I have an acer revo in the other room and also had a rasp pi. Never buffered. T8 does lots

Kendalld77

Aug 12, 2015
I'm finding wifi is better than wired, a few articles on line supporting that theory. But wish I'd gone with a minix instead

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Yes some boxes do work better with wifi, but as I said its not the T8 strong point.
Also depends where your router is to, there's a lot if factors that can interfere with wifi so I prefer a wired connection.
Have you used live chat yet to see if they can help you, hope you get sorted as I no it can get frustrating.

Dave