Chris_kn

Jun 6, 2015
Manchester
Was using 'Genesis' and watching a film last night, 3/4 of the way through the film the screen froze. NO audio, NO video.

The remote wouldn't do anything, I presume 'kodi' had frozen. The only thing I could do was use the remote and turn off the T8 box. Hmmm! turned it back on and the box was working fine, but 'kodi' wasn't. Press the icon and the screen just turned Green then Black. To escape this I had to turn the power to the box off.

OK so 23:30 last night wasn't a good time to play around with things.

This morning everything was still the same so I uninstalled 'Kodi' argghhh!! what have I done?? From the app store I downloaded and installed 'Kodi' 'Isengard'. Obviously i don't have the driodbox wizard to set things up for me. But, and hour or so later and all the 'repos' and fav addons are up and running, all done manually. Everything seems to be working OK.

The questions, what are the negatives of not having the 'Droidbox Wizard'??

Also I didn't get asked about 'kodi'/super user permissions, when 'kodi' launches it just goes straight to the home page.

Should I be making any more changes myself, or can everything run as it is???

So for now 'Kodi 15' 'Isengard' and the T8 seem to work fine.

Thanks for any comments and answers to the questions..

Chris...

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi Chris_kn, normally if Kodi does this try pressing the home button on the remote. Also check your memory in storage, if its low then this can effect apps running and gives you the blank screen in Kodi.
If it happens again try the home button, then go to storage in setting, more setting and clear cache then reboot and see if that helps. I would keep an eye on the memory too and delete apps if need or other files. This should keep things running well.
Kodi 15 isengard, I've had on my laptop for a while and runs as good as helix. As for the wizard it sets up and configures Kodi and droidbox pick the most popular and best running apps so you don't have to search for them. You can always get in touch and ask for the wizard zip, but not sure if its compatible with isengard.

Dave

Reactions: Chris_kn

Chris_kn

Jun 6, 2015
Manchester
Hi David, thanks for the quick reply. I tried the 'home' button, with no joy. I'll check out the memory levels later on and see what they are like.
I might wait for the next 'wizard' update before running it again, they might use 'Isengard'.

Because I haven't set any super user permissions will it cause me any problems?
As it all seems to be working fine for now.

Chris

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If the home button doesn't work try swiping up and closing the app. This works for running apps. The same as you would do on a android phone.
As for SuperUser I think you can add this to it, but don't think it will give you problems as you down load the app.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com