claret2123

May 25, 2015
Hi all,

Im looking at buying a Droidbox, and am quite excited to have discovered such a good product and community.

I was going to buy a T8 box a few days ago but discovered a T8s box since, would it be more beneficial for me to buy a T8s, and other than the Droidbox share and OpenElec is there anything else different?

Apologies in advance for the questions, am completely clueless about this product but not sure what the above differences are or what OpenElec and Droidbox share are!

Thanks

Craig

Tony

Jul 15, 2014
Hi Craig.
both boxes are identical except for one major difference.. the T8-s has SATA support meaning you can now add an HDD/SSD to your box. As a seasoned box owner this is a blessing... it means you can store locally all your media files instead of streaming them to your box and it allows you to record from your box to the HDD/SSD so instead of streaming a movie/tv show you can copy to the drive for later viewing.. however you cant record live TV just yet as recordings need a start and end point..

Open elec is a tiny Linux OS developed specifically for Kodi.. what that means is your box does not need to boot in to Android and consume its resources, instead your box boots straight to Kodi and all resources are available to kodi and it makes a huge difference.. the beauty of the dual boot is that you get the best of both worlds and compromise on none!. plus its a very simple setup.. boot as normal and then use the app to reboot in to Kodi.. fancy some android goodness then exit kodi back in to android for all the other stuff like showbox etc..

Droidbox share is awesome.. you can now control your box using smartphone or tablet.. this is unlike previous smartphone control, you can now map actions to your phone/tablet.. so is ideal for games etc.. plus the latency is so low games are actually playable using wifi control so no need for expensive Bluetooth controllers.. plus you can control your box without the need for a wireless keypad.. but tbh I prefer the keypad for normal use but its nice to have the option..

Hope this has helped.. as either box will not leave you disappointed..

cheers
Tony

claret2123

May 25, 2015
Hi Tony

Thanks for all of the above information, for the extra £10 or so, the T8s sounds like a steal. The option to have a Hard Drive sounds great, recording things that way seems good.

Is Kodi the main place to find all the links to streams etc? If so, being able to boot straight in to Kodi sounds really good to!

I think the T8s seems like the safe bet for little more cost!!

Thanks again :)
Craig

Tony

Jul 15, 2014
You wont be disappointed.. most streams are Kodi only but there are native apps also.. mbdro springs to mind.. also once you get over the streaming lark you will want to discover what else the box is capable of and that's when you start to explore Android and the fun begins. ;)

Reactions: ChrisM and fzbob

fzbob

May 21, 2015
Hampshire UK
Hi guys, hope you don't mind me bombing your thread.
#Tony...do you have a surround system Tony?
Just wondered if it works well?
I have the T8s but not fitted yet due to a broken leg..lol

danielbishop1

Jun 23, 2015
Hi sorry to jump in but I'm also very new. Got my box a week ago. Is there any way of streaming live TV and making it easy to use? Also my kids love Disney junior but can't get in it and was wondering if anyone can help? Cheers [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you go to IPtv, click on NFPS and then children's then there's some live channels there and they work.
Also go to Phoenix and then TNPB and then kids then again loads there.
Try Zeus as well, they have a kids zone too..
Hope this helps...:)

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Just noticed one more for Disney, currently states on the channel logo that it is Disney Jr on the Disney Channel
I went in via the The GiddyUp Network add-on (I always assume it is horse racing related until I actually click it!)
Live TV Channels, then next page (as it is alphabetical), then Disney.

It is possible this link has already been found in the other add-ons mentioned above, but wanted to mention I'd come across Disney (Jr right now) in this other add-on.