Dan81

Dec 7, 2014
can anyone tell me why when I install Kodi on my IMX6 box it won't stream anything in HD yet when I install XBMC 13.2 it streams HD perfect yet the addons I have installed on Kodi half of them won't install on XBMC 13.2. This has only started to happen since I sent my box back to droidbox to be repaired. Very frustrating.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
This box is good, but for Kodi helix 14.2 is pushing it, it can be done but a lot of messing about with firmware.
I have this box and still run Frodo 12.3 and I've lost some add-ons to the dependancies not met, but I use the add-on installer in programs to install and update Phoenix and Genesis. They all work fine.....so I would go with Gotham 13.2 and try this. You can also add the add-ons manually in file manager aswell.
If you want Kodi helix I would think about upgrading the firmware or box.

Up to you.....

Dan81

Dec 7, 2014
How do I update the firmware and what to? It's been really frustrating as I was wondering would it be anything to do with the launcher being changed too, my second imx6 box is running Kodi with no problems.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
if i was to buy the T8 would all repos etc work on this box , i have the imx6 box with KODI14.1 helix running on it . HD runs well but get the odd crash if i was to upgrade to the T8 would this issues go away and does it come with all repos added to it as of new.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
The T8 and the T8s are a good box, but repos and add-ons are the resistibility of the Author and if it goes down or gets blocked that's out of droidboxs control. What I can say is thay pick the best repos and add-ons that are working for there wizard so hopefully this doesn't happen.
You can aways add more your self in file manager to, if you want check out the T8s review on YouTube its a good box and you can install a hard drive to.

Dave

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
What are the best repos I did add the robin hood project but looks like the old version not what I had before on there