Chris_kn

Jun 6, 2015
Manchester
Ok hi guys, the new box turned up this afternoon. So first of all big thanks to 'Droidbox' for being so quick, it was only ordered yesterday at 11.00am. 10/10

So everything has gone great and the box works, ran the 'wizard' and loads to click on and watch. I wanted to try and add my own source in 'filemanager' entered the path pressed 'done' but it wouldn't let me enter the name?
The box highlighted blue but the keyboard wouldn't appear and the name wouldn't enter. So I had to cancel add source.

Also I couldn't edit and addons details??? or force a refresh like I can do in Kodi on the PC.

Have I missed something very obvious or is this deliberate on this version of 'Kodi'?

Thanks for any answers.

Chris..

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Not sure, but have you loaded the modded skin on Kodi. Try the 1st confluence skin and then run the add-ons pack for Kodi. This might sort it out, if you do re-run the wizard you will need to clear data. To do this you will need to go out of Kodi and enter the setting, more and then more setting. Go to apps and scroll down to Kodi and enter and here you can clear data, wait for it to get to zero then go back to Kodi and re- run the wizard.
Good luck and enjoy your box.

Reactions: Chris_kn

Chris_kn

Jun 6, 2015
Manchester
Hi David, I sorted it late last night.

I was using the modded skin, I just went back to the default one and the problem went away. Kinda frustrating but nice to know what caused it. Thanks.

Chris..

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Glad you got it sorted, the modded skin is nice but the basic one is better its smoother and has less faults with it.
You can aways add a different skin in system, then Appearence and on the right you can make adjustments to the skin, also in setting (second from top in Appearence)you can highlight a few things to make the back ground different.
Just like on your pc. Good luck and enjoy your box.

Dave

Reactions: Chris_kn

Chris_kn

Jun 6, 2015
Manchester
@David Savage Thanks for that tip Dave, as for enjoy the box, hahah, my better half is talking 2nd TV and another box Hmmmm! The old wallet is now curling up tight in my pocket..

Chris..