KevinB

Feb 15, 2015
There doesn't seem to be much traffic on the forum. Anyway I have a box here with DroidBox firmware on it, I know this from the start up screen. I was searching for a firmware update, that's when I was educated on the issue you have with keeping it private. I am trying to bring this box back to life for a friend. I have emailed them to find out if they indeed purchased the box from DroidBox or somewhere else. I noticed that the boxes shown on your website have DroidBox on them. This box just has an MX emblem on the top. So here's my simple question:
Has DroidBox distributed boxes with just the MX emblem before?
She says she bought it in Sept of 2014. If there is nobody who can answer this an email link to someone who can would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi don't no if this will help, my box has MX on the top but it is a droidbox and is the Media Centre edition and boots straight to xbmc no android apps on it. I think droidbox buy there boxes from the best manufacture but if sometimes still have there logo on ie:MX but some get droidbox on them, it's still the same and when they get them they put there software on them. It all depends when you get them.You only get the support for the boxes here witch is nice to no...hope this helps. My box imx6 is 9 months old..

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinB

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Check the amount of posts per day here - https://droidboxforums.com/find-new/posts?recent=1 or https://droidboxforums.com/recent-activity/ , some areas of this forum have more traffic than others (we still have places set aside for models we've not sold in 18 months or so, so the support system is ready in place when needed. If you check the New or Recent posts link (assuming you're logged in at the time), you'll see the normal flow of posts, occasionally peppered with a flurry of replies before bed time.
Regarding your query, e-mail us again with the info from Android's Settings, About device/phone/tablet. A screenshot or phone camera snap would be perfect. If it came from Sept 2014, there isn't an Android updated firmware.
As mentioned above, some people switch from Android to MCE/OpenElec builds, especially if they have a new device to use at the same time. Other people treat as a way of getting every last piece of performance out of the iMX6.

KevinB

Feb 15, 2015
Thanks for your reply, Silent..But I have since discovered that the box was not a genuine DroidBox and had to flash with a different firmware. You can delete this thread if you wish to do so. Thanks again.