L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
Hi,

Just wondered if someone could clarify something for me please?

I don't yet have a 3D TV but I will be getting one soon. I have been through Mash-UP & found a load of 3D films, some work, most don't. The ones that I have found that do work, when I press play I get a message come up on screen:

upload_2014-11-10_16-9-25.png

When I select any of them I go into a split screen mode. Is this because I am trying to play it on a normal TV? If I get a 3d TV will I not see this message? The last thing I want to do is to get a 3D tele only to find that all the 3d films play in this odd split picture mode.

Any ideas at all?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I hope notification of a reply to your thread doesn't get your hopes up too high, just wanted to say I'd too love to know the answer.
One day I'll have enough cash to splash out on a surround sound system and 3D capable TV.

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
I hope notification of a reply to your thread doesn't get your hopes up too high, just wanted to say I'd too love to know the answer.
One day I'll have enough cash to splash out on a surround sound system and 3D capable TV.

There has to be someone on this forum that has a 3d TV. The M8 & T8 boxes are all 4k ready & most 4k TV's are 3d so I'm sure someone on here must have one.

Azza

Nov 1, 2014
that's a 3d sbs image, any 3d tv will play that signal. I use 3d on my asus 3 d gaming monitor with no issues. If you are going to buy 3d, don't bother with shutter glasses, get a tv that uses the same 3d type as the cinema. That way you will not be tied to glasses costing a small fortune.
PS don't expect great things from any media player in 3d. The file sizes dictate how good the 3d will really be, for example Yfiy torrents files are about 1.5gig. This doesn't compare to playing avatar, 50gig, through my 3d bluray play upped onto my 60 inch Samsung.

Again though, its is great to look at any films in 3d at home

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
that's a 3d sbs image, any 3d tv will play that signal. I use 3d on my asus 3 d gaming monitor with no issues. If you are going to buy 3d, don't bother with shutter glasses, get a tv that uses the same 3d type as the cinema. That way you will not be tied to glasses costing a small fortune.
PS don't expect great things from any media player in 3d. The file sizes dictate how good the 3d will really be, for example Yfiy torrents files are about 1.5gig. This doesn't compare to playing avatar, 50gig, through my 3d bluray play upped onto my 60 inch Samsung.

Again though, its is great to look at any films in 3d at home

Thanks for that Azza. I'm looking at this one:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55hu8500/sams-ue55hu8500

I have never had a 3d tv before. I didn't want to get one a. if it is something that doesn't really work too well with the droid box (i'm not into buying DVD :) or b. anything that I do get through the droid box plays in split screen (as it does at the minute)

Azza

Nov 1, 2014
That is a brilliant tv... though I am not sure how good 3 d would be when looking at the screen from the side? I would check this put before laying out 2.5k.
There are a number of good units that cost less than 800....
That aside dont be put off by my comment..I have a huge collection of 4 gig files I play on my samsung via its media player. They may not be blu ray but no one seems to mind